Inception Other-Language Proficiency Levels
Level 1 (A1):
· Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete
· Can introduce your and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where you live, People you know and things you have.
· Can interact with others in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
Level 2 (A2):
· Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of everyday life (e.g. very basic personal & family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
· Can communicate simple ad routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
· Can describe in simple terms his/her background, immediate environment, and basic needs.
Level 3 (B1):
· Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, and holiday.
· Can deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
· Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
· Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Level 4 (B2):
· Can understand the main ideas of both concrete and abstract topics in complex texts, including technical discussions in a field of specialization.
· Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers comfortable without strain for either party.
· Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Level 5 (C1):
· Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognizes implicit meaning.
·Can express you fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
· Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
· Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns.
Level 6 (C2):
·Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
·Can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a logical presentation.
·Can express yourself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in more complex situations.